
It is morning in China and they are on their way to Beijing. Yesterday was the ceremony at the American Consulate with 40 other little Chinese girls headed to the USA. And what are the chances - another little girl had on the very same dress from Janie and Jack that Katerina was wearing for this special day.
After the consulate ceremony, they went back to the hotel and Katerina proceeded to walk in the bathroom and point to the bathtub. So, a bath it was. She loves playing in the bath. The crew went out to dinner at a Japanese (when in China.....) restaurant at the White Swan hotel. After dinner, Constantin took Katerina for a walk in the lobby and she was immediately drawn to the piano player; went over to him and did her singing bit. I think we may have a child prodigy on our hands. Brother Bob is already researching what guitar he wants to get for her.
Genius Child Alert: In addition to Bye Bye, she is now saying "Good Girl" and "Car".
Well, this will be the last post until after they are home and I will finally be able to upload a bunch of pictures. My biggest joy is that I did not kill Joseph's fish during this time no matter how hard I tried. I would continually walk past the fish tank and be shocked when they caught my attention. It was like I was seeing them for the first time, each time.
All is in place. The crib has been made up with the bedding. I had to run out today because I realized I didn't have a mattress pad. The changing table is in place with the lovely diaper pail beside it and the butt wipes close at hand - this will be a new one for me. I have never changed a diaper. The car seat has been installed in my car (thank you, George), the high chair is set up (thank you, George), the stroller is ready to roll (thank you, George). And our candles (electric) continue to burn in almost every window since Christmas awaiting Katerina's homecoming.

The Tradition of placing a Candle in the Window goes back to the Colonial times in the United States and back much further in time for other cultures. It is a Tradition practiced throughout the year. It symbolizes the warmth and security of the Family hearth and signals loyalty to Family members and loved ones who are not present in the home.
It certainly feels like Christmas and I can't wait to go to sleep so I can wake up in the morning to a very special day; Suzie's birthday!! That too.
Tomorrow I meet my daughter!
How awesome is that?
An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break." Ancient Chinese Belief
3 comments:
Congratulations and best wishes to the new family. You're all very lucky to enter this new phase of your lives!
Dan & Helen
Happy Birthday Schmabe; Welcome Home Katerina; and an early Happy Mother's Day wish to you Kris! It's a very special day, indeed, and the beginning of many more to come.
Wishing you all the best -- can't wait to see the next installment: "There's No Place Like Home..."
Love,
Gail, Larry, Kara & Molly
Maybe my genius niece needs a musical Keyboard? Hmmmmmmmmmm
Post a Comment