Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Countdown Continues


What a whirlwind it is at the Trantzas/Cerchiara home. Bob (aka Dad) left on Saturday for Florida after visiting with us for a month, Mom flew in on Monday (and yes, she had 2 large suitcases - one of which she calls a carry-on but we're not convinced). Constantin spent a few hours at the Chinese Consulate to get the Visas Monday morning. Stuff is all over the house in various stages of preparation for packing. Joseph's suitcase is almost half filled with diapers! We got our $3000 in crisp $100 bills today for the orphanage donation; I felt like we were making a drug payoff.

I discovered a whole new world on Saturday. I spent 2 hours in Buy Buy Baby getting necessities for the trip, such as, sippy cups, butt wipes, disposable changing pads, etc. YIPES! And boy were there a lot of kids in that store.

The crew will be leaving tomorrow morning at 8am to get to Newark for their 12:30pm flight. All are so looking forward to 13 hours in Continental coach. We tried to upgrade to business class but there were none available going or returning. Well, at least it's non-stop to Beijing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're very excited and happy for you all. Please be sure to keep us updated as often as possible. We're going to make a shaker of martinis now and toast you all for hours. Bon Voyage and Safe Home. Love, Rich and Rich

Anonymous said...

I miss u Joe! Cant wait til u come back. Tell Katerina I said hi.
Hugs n kisses XOXO
Ady :)