The actual Mid-Autumn Festival evening was 9/25 and we spent it quietly in the backyard. I read the story of Chang E and Hou Yi and told Katerina that her friends and family in China were looking at the same moon that we were. I know that in years to come Autumn Moon Festival is going to become more important and we'll probably have some very wonderful discussions.Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Autumn Moon Festival - 9/22 & 9/25
What a great time we had at the Autumn Moon Festival celebration on Saturday 9/22. It was very special to be joined by members of the Westchester Evergreen Club (Chinese Americans Senior Citizens group) who had such a great time that they want to join our pumpkin picking gathering at Muscoot Farm in October. In total we had 32 attendees; 23 from FCC and 8 from Evergreen. Rose, the president of the Evergreen club prepared her famous noodles which were the hit of the evening. Shirley, another Evergreen member told the story of Chang E and Hou Yi to the girls. The park was on the Hudson River and we all carried our lanterns to the river and looked at the moon together. One little girl thought she saw Chang E. It was a wonderful evening. 

The actual Mid-Autumn Festival evening was 9/25 and we spent it quietly in the backyard. I read the story of Chang E and Hou Yi and told Katerina that her friends and family in China were looking at the same moon that we were. I know that in years to come Autumn Moon Festival is going to become more important and we'll probably have some very wonderful discussions.

The actual Mid-Autumn Festival evening was 9/25 and we spent it quietly in the backyard. I read the story of Chang E and Hou Yi and told Katerina that her friends and family in China were looking at the same moon that we were. I know that in years to come Autumn Moon Festival is going to become more important and we'll probably have some very wonderful discussions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment