Although this is my second Mother's Day, I was able to more fully appreciate it this year. Last year everything was so new and there was so much I was trying to figure out. I no longer feel awkward when I say "my daughter"; in fact, it feels extremely natural.....like it's always been this way. And I can't even describe how wonderful it feels when Katerina calls me "Mama".
Katerina surprised me in the morning with a potted marigold she had decorated in school. She was so proud carrying it to me with a big smile on her face. After going to church, we went out for brunch in Cold Spring where I had my favorite: Eggs Benedict.
Terrible angle for me, but the only picture I have of the two of us on Mother's Day
After a short nap this afternoon, Katerina decided she wanted to make me cupcakes. Look how serious she is in the pictures below.
No comments:
Post a Comment