Monday, May 14, 2007

Daughters of China

After sending our paperwork to China, I joined a Yahoo group of others who had sent their dossiers around the same time. We were Dossier To China (DTC) April 2005 and dubbed ourselves the Pandas. During those long months of waiting, we encouraged each other and shared plans and preparations. Then the referrals started coming and we followed each others' journeys via blogs and websites. We are still going strong and share lots of information, no longer exclusively adoption related, but just stuff. I'm hoping to make plans to meet one family in or near Disney World in December. (Look for her in the video, she is Grace Sh and comes from the same orphanage as Katerina and was adopted just a couple of days before). Another I hope to meet in a couple of weeks at FCC's Culture Day in Liberty State Park, NJ; Dallas. As we each passed our one year "Gotcha" anniversaries, one of the members put together a DVD for all who wanted to participate showing each girls referral picture and then a picture one year later. I think 50 of us participated. Look at the difference in each girls eyes from referral (dead/vacuous) to one year later, shining and sparkling; full of life. I dare you to get through this without crying.


No comments: