Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Katerinaisms

I want to get these down so I don't forget them. If I can add pictures at another time, I will.

I LOVE TO LAUGH: As we were going to a Japanese restaurant the other day, Katerina asked me the name of the restaurant which is: Yama Fuji Sushi. She laughed so hard and made me repeat it at least 20 times. All the way there, while we were inside. At one point she looked at me and said: "Mommy, I LOVE to laugh!".


PENGUIN: After a bath the other night, Katerina had her towel around her. It's one of those with a hood and you wrap it around you like a cocoon. She started waddling down the hall and said: "Mommy, I'm a penguin".


KATERINA WANTS A DOG: We have this stuffed animal - black lab - which we call Promise after the dog that joined our family the year Constantin and I got married and left us one day about 10 years later. She was a very special dog and we've told Katerina all about her. Katerina seems to have a strong connection to Promise and asks about her, likes to look at her pictures and plays with the stuffed animal. The other night she told me she was getting a dog; that Daddy told her she could. When I asked Constantin about it the next day he told me that Katerina had told him that MOMMY said she could have a dog. How do you like that? The little conniver! I have no doubt that a dog will join this family one day, but I don't think it's right about now. Katerina should continue to enjoy the stuffed animal named Promise.


TELL ME ABOUT YOUR DAY: Katerina has learned tricks for delaying bedtime. The other night after story reading, lights out, etc., as I kissed her goodnight, she said: "Tell me about your day Mommy".


DOCTOR: Katerina wants to be a Doctor. I'm not sure where that has originated from. She told us she wants to be a doctor like Dr. Traister - her pediatrician.

THE PIGGIES: Katerina still calls her toes piggies. As I was getting her out of the bath the other night she reminded me that we didn't clean the piggies.


PRONOUNS: Katerina speaks very well but is having trouble with pronouns. She will say Her is going to the store or Them is eating ice cream.


HIDE & SEEK: We were playing around the other day and she hid behind a door. I played that I was looking all over for her and finally AHA, there she was behind the door. She said in the sweetest little voice: "Mommy, I'm proud of you for finding me"


WHO's TAKING THE PICTURE: We were looking at pictures from the cruise we took in September. There's Uncle Bobby and Aunt Susie, and here's Uncle Johnny and Katerina, look at this nice picture of Grandma with Uncle Lou, and so on. Then we came across a picture of all of us in Lou and Dale's suite which we took with the self-timer. She looked at the picture and said: "Who's taking the picture?"


REMEMBER ME: As I called Katerina up the stairs for bedtime the other night, I told her to say goodnight to YaYa and Papous who are still visiting with us. I then told her to bring up her blanket which she loves to twiggle with her fingers as she's falling asleep. She said, "I'll leave the blanket so them can remember me"!

1 comment:

Doug and Terrye said...

Thank you for those smiles and sighs!!!

Terrye in FL